Ark-Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

German or French? xP

5 posters

Go down

German or French? xP Empty German or French? xP

Post  Nincow Sat 14 Apr - 20:35

Hey, at my school there's some languages I can take French, German, And Spanish. Since mostly everyone on AA speaks either French or German, I wanted to know which one is... Easier or better. Haha I do need to take the class for two years for two credits....so yeah. Razz[quote]
Nincow
Nincow
Staff Ark-Arena
Staff Ark-Arena

http://www.ninjacowboys.tk

Back to top Go down

German or French? xP Empty Re: German or French? xP

Post  The_Mind Sat 14 Apr - 20:45

If I were you i would take spanish as German and French are very hard to learn (especially French). If you take french or german though it's really interesting it may give you bad grades. And scholarity is more important. You may wanna say "I study to learn something not for a grade" but in a time where degrees are important u should focus on grades. You can still learn french or german on your own. The only reason you should not do so is if german or french offers career opportunities. In France it's obviously not the case... in Germany i think it's arguable.
The_Mind
The_Mind
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tryegg Sat 14 Apr - 20:49

Nincow wrote:Hey, at my school there's some languages I can take French, German, And Spanish. Since mostly everyone on AA speaks either French or German, I wanted to know which one is... Easier or better. Haha I do need to take the class for two years for two credits....so yeah. Razz

German is a... really hard language.
The German grammer is really hard and you will have 3 versions of "the" (der (manly), die (womanly), das(neutrum)) which will very confuse you xd
Because at our language the table is a he.
Or the butter is a she. I think its the same in french, im not sure.

But to get back to the grammer, even most of the germans cant talk their language mostly correct.
And if you change only one single word, the position of it in the sentence or a letter or you write something big at the beginning (which you do a lot in german) the whole sentence will have a completely other sense or even none.

I hope you choice will be spanish, because.. be honest..
Nearly everyone speaks english and who doesnt, speaks spanish.
Also there are a lot more of countries in which you can use spanish than german and german has a lot of dialects too. Im livin in bavaria and a foreigner wont understand us if we speak with dialect. which do like 40% of the people here. In Hamburg some of they talk like they have their mouth filled and its really hard to understand, even for me. In Berlin the change the "g" with the "j" and so sounds everything completely different, i guess that will be hard for you... and these are the 3 cittys where you might have chances to get a job or stuff..

Just an example for bavarian: (It will sound for you like "uaawhggg awwww ahuggghhh" i know. And it sounds for germans that are not bavarian like that too xd so you see youll have problems. Im sure the other germans here wont understand this video too xD)

And i can say you one thing. The base of every language in europe is latin. And Spanish is one of the most latin-similiar languages in europe.
So that means if you can spansh perfectly you might understand italian, belgian, polish and some other languages too. But only a bit, not completely.

Last edited by Tryegg on Sat 14 Apr - 20:58; edited 1 time in total
Tryegg
Tryegg
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nincow Sat 14 Apr - 20:57

Thanks for the help! I don't want to go into a language that I can't pass. That would just make me look bad. Haha I do want to learn french but I think it's a good idea to learn it on my own time. Maybe I'll do sign language! xD
Nincow
Nincow
Staff Ark-Arena
Staff Ark-Arena

http://www.ninjacowboys.tk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ematic Sat 14 Apr - 20:59

I personally learned German 3 years, and it's for me easier than spanish.
But it's true, Der / Die / Das are very... Complicated. One of the difficulty of spanish is the accent, but on writing, every letters you hear are on the word. You should start to listen these 2 language, and choose your favorite.
Don't take french Smile
Ematic
Ematic
Admin
Admin

http://www.ark-arena.org

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Mind Sat 14 Apr - 21:04

Yep German and French grammar are very complex. In fact so complex that few people really speaks correctly. Ematic makes a lot of mistakes when he speaks or write. Yes Maja I know that you say "Der mond" (male) is "La lune" so the moon is a female for us french "Ah Paris Moulin Rouge" Very Happy
The base of every language in europe is latin
Not true
The_Mind
The_Mind
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tryegg Sat 14 Apr - 21:11

Ematic wrote:I personally learned German 3 years, and it's for me easier than spanish.
But it's true, Der / Die / Das are very... Complicated. One of the difficulty of spanish is the accent, but on writing, every letters you hear are on the word. You should start to listen these 2 language, and choose your favorite.
Don't take french Smile

Yeah but it in germany its really like...
if you just say one fucking word wrong the complete sense changes...

example: Wie geht es dir? (how are you) changed: Wie es dir geht? (how aring you???) it just makes no fucking sense.
Or the Big- / small- spellingstyle...
You maybe know that there are adjectives, nouns and verbs. In english you only write on the beginning of a sentence big and if everything has a special name, like "Cola".
In German you write every noun big. And there is the possibility to add a "der/die/das" to a verb to, so the verb is written big too. Which fucks up the grades of every single pupil Very Happy

And there is one big Problem. I often saw teaching films or documentations where some people wanted to learn german too. But even the teacher werent able to talk it correctly. It was like one student was raising his hand, said a wrong sentence and the teacher corrected him and told him an even wronger sentence... xd

I dunno.. And the der/die/das-story ... it sounds sooo awkward if you say the wrong thingy in german... and you fastly get foreigner-stamped.. and there are some douchebags in germany that are talking then to you in the same style and laugh about it...

there are even books about how to really talk german correctly.
"Der Dativ ist dem Genetiv sein Tod" Dativ, Genetiv... every German hates that shit. Theyre like rules how to say a sentence right like "past sensitive" .. but much more complex and not even i can remember them xd

go with spain xd

Last edited by Tryegg on Sat 14 Apr - 21:16; edited 1 time in total
Tryegg
Tryegg
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tryegg Sat 14 Apr - 21:15

The_Mind wrote:
The base of every language in europe is latin
Not true

Ok maybe not every single language.
But German, Italian, Spain, Polish and some other are very closely modeled on Latin
Tryegg
Tryegg
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveAndLetznei Sun 22 Apr - 13:40

[quote="Nincow"]Hey, at my school there's some languages I can take French, German, And Spanish. Since mostly everyone on AA speaks either French or German, I wanted to know which one is... Easier or better. Haha I do need to take the class for two years for two credits....so yeah. Razz

Learn Georgian man Smile

LiveAndLetznei

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum